Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was certainly a worth remaster of the original, sporting all the DLC and a full Battle Mode in a nice new coat of paint. Considering how complete the package is, it seems unlikely that the game will be receiving even more content, but that still hasn’t stopped Nintendo from updating it to make tweaks here or there.
As of now, the game’s first major update can be downloaded, bringing with it a myriad of little changes to improve on the experience. Here are the full patch notes:
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
Nothing game changing, but it’s nice to see that Nintendo is keen on polishing it up that extra bit more.
What do you think? What are your thoughts on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Do you think Nintendo will do more DLC? Drop us a comment in the section below.
Source: Nintendo Life