Bungie made the announcement today, confirming that the Destiny 2 beta was on schedule to launch next week.
“While you fight for your very survival in three core activities, we’ll monitor the technology that brings us all together. There will be fun and games, but make no mistake: This is a test,” a message from the studio reveals.
“Your participation is a critical step on our road to launch. To date, thousands of players have sampled the action in Destiny 2.
“We’re about to expand that audience to include millions of brave Beta testers. Now, it’s your turn to play.”
Destiny 2’s early-access to the open beta begins July 18, at 6pm BST on PS4 and July 19, at 6pm BST on Xbox One.
And beginning on Thursday, July 13, fans with Destiny 2 beta codes will be able to redeem them through the Destiny Code Redemption Form.
As explained by Bungie, players will need to be signed into a valid Bungie.net account to finish the code redemption process.
Players will need to select their platform of choice, redeem the beta code, which will then give access to downloading the beta.
Players will also have the option to select PC as their platform of choice, if they do, they will not be able to play until August.
It should be noted that players that select the PC platform will not receive a console beta code and will receive their PC code in August, shortly before the PC beta begins.
Also, if you try to access Destiny 2’s beta before it is officially live, you will receive an error message.
This will not affect your access to the beta once it’s live July 18, at 6pm BST on PlayStation 4 and July 19, at 6pm BST on Xbox One.
Here’s the content that will be available during the Destiny 2 beta:
- Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.
- Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.
- Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.
- The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.
- New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.
- The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.
Fans will also be able to earn a new emblem by taking part in the new Destiny 2 beta, this wll be the only progress that will move over to the final game.
And here’s what won’t be available during the Destiny 2 beta:
- Clan Support: It’s true that Clans will be supported in Destiny 2, but those features are not a part of this test.
- Character Progression: You’ll receive rewards for defeating your enemies – be they Cabal, Vex, or other Guardians – but the Beta does not represent how your characters will evolve in Destiny 2.
- Character Continuity: Destiny 2 is a fresh start. Nothing we do in the Beta will carry over to the final version of the game on September 6.
Source: xbox one – Google News