We’ve got an quick look inside the headquarters of Supercell where they have announced a nerf, I mean balance adjustment—I was told to say balance adjustment—for a number of powers in their smash hit lane-based collectible-card game Clash Royale [Free]. The Supercell developer pats the head of the Nerf bat affectionately. "I always use Lucille when I ner…er, balance powers in the game." He smiles and scans the cowering powers on their knees before him. This is obviously his favorite part of the job. "Now who shall it be…eeny meeny miny moe." On "moe" the bat swings down and hits Night Witch with a solid blow. "Wooooooo! That’s 9% less damage, 11% shorter range, bat spawn speed down a second, and 2 bats rather than 3." The dev smiles a wicked smile, "Who’s next?"
You don’t need to hear all the gory details. A lot of…balancing went on in that room although and Night Witch, Battle Ram, and Graveyard were hit the hardest. Here are the changes:
- Night Witch: Damage -9%, range -11%, Bat spawn speed to 7sec (from 6sec), spawns 2 Bats on death (from 3)
- Battle Ram: Takes a bit longer to begin charging, Barbarians spawn slower
- Graveyard: Duration to 9sec (from 10sec), spawns 15 Skeletons (from 17)
- Electro Wizard: Hitpoints -2%
- Heal: Duration to 2.5sec (from 3sec)
- Mini P.E.K.K.A: Damage +4.6%
- X-Bow: Deploy time to 3.5sec (from 4sec)
- Mortar: Deploy time to 3.5sec (from 4sec)
- Dark Prince: Damage +6%, hit speed to 1.4sec (from 1.5sec)
- Ice Wizard: Damage +10%, hit speed to 1.7sec (from 1.5sec)
- Bats: Bat count to 5 (from 4)
These won’t go into effect until tomorrow, August 11th. You can hit up our forums to discuss these changes, or anything about Clash Royale.